Cowboy boot designs and construction vary so it isn't possible to fit every feature into this diagram. Instead, we define the most common terms of a classic western boot so that you know your Rickshaw Boots inside and out.
- Shaft: The Boot Shaft is the part of the boot that covers your leg. Boot shafts can have all types of styles, but are rarely seen because they are mostly worn under pants. Most Rickshaw boots have shafts between 11 and 14 inches.
- Vamp: The vamp is the part of the boot that covers the top of your foot. The vamp is what is the part of the boot that is seen when you wear pants over the shaft. When picking a boot style, you want to make sure the vamp is a style you like. Rickshaw chooses the highest quality leathers for each vamp.
Pull Strap: The pull strap is located at the top of the shaft. Pull straps help you put your cowboy boots on a lot easier.
Side Seam: The side seam is the stitching that holds the shaft together.
Instep: The instep is the part of the boot that sits on the top of your foot. It can play a big part in the comfort of a boot.
- Toe Box: The toe box covers the toes towards the front tip of the boots. It is a stiff piece of material placed between the boot’s outer leather and its liner that helps the boot keep its shape while adding extra durability.
- Counter: The counter is the back lower part of the boot. Rickshaw Boots have a heel counter, which is an insert that helps reinforce the heel cup to increase support.
- Heel: The heel is attached to the rear part of the sole and is often a defining part of a cowboy boot. Heels can come in all kinds of heights and designs. Rickshaw boots use a classic 1.5" heel.
- Outsole: The outsole is the bottom part of the boot that is attached to the boot upper and is what most are talking about when they discuss a boot’s sole. Rickshaw Boot soles are made of leather, much like a dress shoe. The outsole is the part of the boot that will be exposed to the most wear. With our sharp goodyear welt, you can replace the outsole at any time you need should you ever wear through it. That makes your Rickshaw Boots a pair of shoes you can own forever.
- Insole: The insole is the layer of material inside a boot that rests between the outsole and your foot. Rickshaw uses the highest quality leathers and materials so that the insole is extremely comfortable for your feet no matter what you are doing.